SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL

Hiya, after working on a lace and cable cardigan, I wanted to knit something that would not tax my brain or hands.  I selected the Summa Stripes Shawl by Meiju K-P on Ravelry.  

The shawl is knitted from side to side; but, in two different directions.  The shape is achieved with increases and short-rows.  There is minimal finishing needed which was another plus; especially after the detailed finishing on the cardigan.



This seemed an easy project to get completed and it would use up some of my stash yarn.  

So....after a little bit of searching, I found a couple of skeins for MadelineTosh DK (Electric Rainbow) and I paired it with yellow and black.  

The only modification that I have made to the scarf has been to change the strip section.  I alternated black and yellow stripes.

One of the nice features of this design is that you did not need to cut the yarn.  She uses a "special" technique which carried the unused yarn up the side.  Both colors are threaded on the Wrong Side of the work throughout the whole pattern.

Looking forward to its completion - Make 2019 #2.  

It just might be a Christmas Gift.


Enjoy Knitting Each Day!



Jackie



PS:  If you enjoy my Blog, click follow and/or leave me a comment.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE