Happy New Year - 2019

Hiya, I imagine many of us are still finding our feet after the holiday period.  As I prepare for my 2019 knitting, I began to reflect on 2018.  Last year I completed projects from my stash which I had "hibernating" for months.  In this process, I learned how to perform 'Japanese short-rows" while comprehending a complicated sweater design construction. This sweater has become my favorite.  I plan on knitting another one in 2019.   I also completed a "Romi Hill" shawl.  I have loved her shawls designs for years and finally took on the challenge.  I am extremely happy with the shawl and the yarn that I used.  

In addition, while working on the TKGA's Masters Program, Level, I designed an Aran Cable hat.  This is the first time that I designed a knitted item completely on my own.  Although I am happy with the hat overall, I am not happy with the yarn choice.  Therefore, before I submit it for grading, I will reknit it with a different yarn, test the written pattern and place a fun pompom on top.  I will also change the cast on a technique previously used.  




In 2018, I found "knitting podcasts" on YouTube. I currently subscribe to quite a few of them; but, I consistently watch the following:

(1) Joji Journal This podcast is with Joji Locatelli, a knitwear designer living in Buenos Aires. This journals her work, trailers for new designs and other kinds of random stuff.  As one of my favorite knitwear designer, her journal gives me insights on her design process and see new designs while they are in process.

(2) Fruity Knitting.  Andrew and Andrea Doig live in Offenbach, near Frankfurt, in Germany.  The Podcast is a dynamic, informative and entertaining program about knitting.  I really appreciate the quests designers, dyers, and yarn producers.  

(3) Rox Rocks - aka Roxanne Richardson.  She is a TKGA Master Knitter and posts two videos per week on YouTube;  Technique Tuesday and Casual Friday (the latter is longer-form podcast-style video)

(4) Noble Character Crafts -   Amy is a Nebraska farmer's wife,  mama of five little ones and follower of Christ.  She is also a dyer of yarn and has a shop on Esty

(5) VeryPink Knits - This was the first video that I watched back on 2017.  I actually referred this website to my knitting students to supplemental knitting instruction.  Staci is a knitwear designer and knitting teacher.  

For 2019, I plan on working on learning the brioche stitch, tackle two Steven West designs, a shawl and cardigan design by Andrea Mowry and several designed by Joji Locatelli.  This does not include knitting for my granddaughter, Elena who is only 14 months old.  I also will submit by Level 3 to TKGA and hopefully receive the "Master Knitter" designation.






Blessing and Success in 2019

Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie

PS:  If you enjoy my post, please comment.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL