Sea Glass Sweater

Hiya,  With working and relocating from Florida back to Pennsylvania, I had nothing on my needles.  I purposely wanted to re-knit my cable hat design and additional swatched for the TKGA Master Knitting Program  


While deciding whether to continue with the Master Knitting Program, I had nothing on my needles.   While attending a local knitting group, I had nothing for show-n-tell; therefore, I decided to knit the Sea Glass Sweater, by Just One More Row, which has been on my knitting list for several years and has an interesting construction.  


The pattern used two-handpainted yarns which were blended with the body being knitted sideways with short-row flares at each side.  The triangular yokes are knitted with bias sleeves knitted from the bottom-up.

I started knitting it with Pantino yarn.  After completing the front, I frogged it because the fabric did not drape well enough even-though it will grow in length while wearing.

Recently, while visiting the LYS, I came across SugarBush Trickle.  It is Bamboo and Cotton which had a wonderful, shiny drape.  I purchased four different colors:  Beige, Blue, Purple, and Gray.  According to the instructions, the gauge is based on the finished bust measurements.   

I cast on 126 stitched with 5.5 sts per inch.  Upon finishing the front, I noticed that it was too long.... more like a tunic.  I thought about continuing and using a belt; but, decided to start over.  This time, I cast on 123 stitches with is between 4/5 stitches per inch.  The fabric looks so much better.  

With the various colors available, the width is designed to be one-fourth of the finished bust measurement, I calculated that I could get all four colors on the front.  Unfortunately, I had to double up on the Beige in the middle.  However, I believe it works well.  Finished the front and back.


As I progress to the yoke and sleeve.  I will update this blog.


Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie

PS:  If you enjoy my Blog, click follow and/or leave me a comment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL