COWLS... AND MORE COWLS

Hiya,


For 2019, I was determined to do more knitting from my stash.  

To that end, I have found several cowl patterns that looked interesting and I knew that I could use the yarn I had in my craft room.

The first cowl was a design from Alexandra Davidoff.  This design was given to Vogue Knitting Live NY Attendees (some years ago).  It was apart of a gift bag to those who attended the gala dinner.  It included a single ball of yarn by DMC (100% Baby Pure Merino Wool).  The pattern reminded me of the Joji Locatelli's Odyssey Shawl.  I added tassels instead of pompoms.

The second cowl is a design by Bristol Ivy, Persimmon.  For this cowl, I used three different off-white merino wool yarn (Debbie Bliss, Katia & MilliaMia).  I faded the three yarns from bottom to top.  It looks great.  No one notices the difference unless I point it out to them.  The blossom (or whatever you want to call them) stitch expands on the bottom and contracts at the top.  It creates an orb that is drapey and cozy.  I have found that Bristol's designs are always constructed with something different which gives the knitter an opportunity to experience something new and exciting.

Finally, this pattern and yarn were purchased from my local yarn store several years ago.  A sample was completed by one of the staff and I fell in love with the design. So much so, I purchased yarn for two cowls.   The Simple Shibori Cowl by Alchemy's blends two yarns.  Once the knitting is completed, the cowl is felted.  One fiber felts while the other relaxes and flows.  The lace pattern is simple and easy to memorize.

This will be my first felting project. I hope it goes well.

Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL