My First Knit Along

 Hi Everyone,

I know it has been quite a while since I blogged.  

Like everyone else in the world, I am dealing with the shutdown, reopening, and adjusting to the new normal.  Having knitting projects has kept me calm and relaxed.  I am appreciative and grateful for the stash that I have accumulated over the years.  Although stores have reopened in the area of the United States that I live in, I have not ventured too far from home.

As a result, I participated in my first Knit-A-Long over the 4th of July weekend.  It was Marie Green's Annual 4-Day KAL.  Typically, the sweater is knitted over 4-8 days; however, this year, the KAL has 4X more days.  I can't imagine completed an entire sweater in just 4-8 days; but, I was sure that I could do it over 16-32 days. The sweater is knitted top-down and the colorwork is actually slipped stitches.

Participating in the KAL was fun.  Not only because a few of the ladies from my local yarn shop was knitting the sweater as well; but, Marie set up an exclusive Facebook page and held Live gatherings.  It was awesome to see the variety of colors chosen as well as modifications made.  One of them, I incorporate in my sweater as well.  I added colorwork to the sleeves.


Although I didn't win any prizes, it was fun to see if I could get it done within the 32 days - which I did - started on 7/2 and finished on 7/29.

Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL