Spector - Joji Locatelli

Hiya,  

Since the quarantine started, I have ventured into the world of the "Knit-A-Long".  A knitalong (KAL) is when many knitters work on their own version of the same pattern at the same time.  My first KAL was with Marie Green.  Knitting along with a group from my LYS, we worked together with the pattern as it was broken down into steps.  The pace kept me on track so that I was able to finish the sweater while before the deadline.

So, I decided to join another one!!  This time with one of my favorite designers - Joji Locatelli.  I have a number of her designs on my "things to knit" list.  Note:  My "things to knit" list are projects with the pattern and yarn already purchased - another "knit from stash project"  YEAH!!!

Spector is a faded circular yoke pullover.  There are some decorated textured patterns.  Most of the sweater is knitted in a ribbed pattern.  I am using 4 different color yarns.  This will be my first sweater knitting in fingering weight yarn. The KAL started on September 1st and ends on November 30th. 

For this sweater, I am using three (3) different skeins of Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light and one (1) skein of Youghiogheny Yarns Woolly Yak.


I didn't begin this project until  9/5; therefore I lost 4 days. I had wanted to make this into a cardigan; because I need more cardigans in my wardrobe; but, I wasn't sure how I was going to do it.  I looked at other fellow Ravelry Users who have knitted this design into a cardigan.  Their notes were exactly clear, but the design does make it easy to convert it to knitting flat.  I could just add the button bands on the end or steek it.  I have never tried to steek anything; so, I told myself..why not??  

I cast on 10 additional stitches for steeking and began knitting.  Unfortunately, I failed to consider the short row shaping that was done on the back of the sweater.  With the extra stitches which were supposed to be in the front, they appeared to be the back of the sweater.  This was obviously incorrect.  Although I kept knitting the 1st and 2nd sections, I could not figure out how to correct it.  Therefore, ripped it out and will start again.  Don't think I am going to make the deadline!!

I let this sit for a week before I cast on again....then again....the again.   I finally got the right number of stitches and I began knitting on straight needles for the pullover.  I usually begin all my knitting on straight needles even when knitting in the round - I knit for about one (1) inch and close it up later.  

So far, I have completed the body and working on the sleeves.  As this is my first fingering weight project, it is slow going.  My hands and fingers get tired; but, I am determined to finish.
  

Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL