Fair Isle Hat - MKL3 -

Hiya!

For sometime, I have been working on The Knitting Guild of America's, Level 3 program.  A part of the requirements are two original designs - hat and sweater.  One is worked in traditional Aran style and the other in either Fair Isle or Scandinavian style. 

For my hat design, I chose to do a stranded Fair Isle design.  Although I love the look of colorwork and have followed several designers who are famous for it, knitting in this technique has seemed daunting to me. I have delayed this submission for quite a while because I did not feel that I could not do it.   I took a few courses and even one-on-one instruction to get some confidence.  Which I did…. this hat is a combination of resolve and fear.

I am immensely proud of this design and the knitting. This is a basic seven-point Fair Isle tam using 8-colors of Jamieson’s Shetland Spindrift yarn.  

However, there is still progress that I feel could be made.  For example, – tension could be more consistent and jogless joining when knitting in the round.  Now that I am over my fear, I'm willing take on a Marie Wallin Yell’s design.  


Enjoy Knitting Each Day!


Jackie



Comments

  1. Congrats on facing your fear, you lived through it! :) And turned out a very nice hat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL