Cardigan - Blue Sand

 Hiya!

As a Knitting Instructor for Purls of Wisdom, I selected the “Blue Sand Cardigan” by La Madison Rililie for this year's Fall KAL project.  This cardigan is top-down and features a different take on yoke construction, there are various methods to achieve a soft sloping shoulder line. It features a longer back with a rounded large hem (short rows), textured stitches, and a pocket.   

I chose this cardigan not only because of the yoke constructions options available; but also, because knitters can make it shorter, stripes or solid, without pockets, etc. The designer knitted the original in cotton, but knitting in DK or Light Worsted is perfect for the Fall.  The gauge is 21.5 stitches and 27.5 rows = 4 inches in stocking stitches on size 7 needles. 

A few ladies in the group are making it shorter and one color.  They have found it challenging which was my desire and I am looking forward to seeing their creation.  We all should continue to become for skillful in our craft....don't you think.

For my sweater, I chose Alata Yarn Truth (DK) in three colors.  This yarn was co-created with yarn shops and industry-renowned designers.  This Peruvian yarn is a blend of Alpaca and Merino. It was a joy working with it and it is also, unfortunately, no longer available.   

I knitted the garment with 3" of positive ease and the combination yoke construction.

I only one adjustment from the original pattern. The sleeve pattern for "All Sizes" stated to knit approximately 10 rounds; I knitted 13 rounds and the cuff was bounded off with Jenny's stretchy' s Bind Off instead of creating an I-cord.

Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL