Elena's First Dress

Hiya!

As I finished the latest sweater for Elena, my daughter placed a request for a dress.  So, I went on Raverly and found several lovely patterns for our little one.


The first is a pattern called "Sweet Baby Dress" by Nancy Pietraszek.  This little dress is knitted from the top down.  It begins with knitting the yoke flat, then joined in the round with the sleeves placed on waste yarn.  The body is worked in the round in stockinette stitch with eyelet borders with garter stitch at the hem.

I decided to make this dress in a "machine washable" yarn so that my daughter could easily take care of it.  In checking my stash, I realized that I have very little "machine washable" yarn.  So, I purchased "Cotton Fair" by Premier in Bright Peach (27-07).  This yarn is a smooth cotton blend containing 52% cotton and 48% acrylic. 
I have started the dress and thus far,  completed the yoke and tops of the sleeves.  I just started on the body.  In the beginning, I found that the yarn was too slippery when using the Addi needles; therefore, I switched the Chiaogoo Knit Red Lace needles.  I found the cord hold the stitches better which reduced the slippery feeling.  

I found some very lovely daisy buttons that really pulls the dress together.




Enjoying Knitting Every Day!!


Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL