ELENA'S JACKET

Hi Knitters,

In 2020, I knitted this coat for Elena when she was 3 years old and she is now 6 years old. There is nothing like knitting for my granddaughter.  Elena is so delightful, full of energy and loves everything that I knit for her.  The coat is a wonderful swing coat with a built-in scarf.  It is knitted in pieces and sewed together.


This time, I decided to do something a little different.  Elena's favorite color is pink.  Although, that is a lovely color, I didn't want to knit a totally pink coat.  Therefore, the yarn that was chosen, which was approved by Elena, has shades of pink; but also grey.    I decided to modify the pattern just a little to have the button bands and the collar in a different color.  Instead of doubling the yarn as indicated be pattern, I added the gray yarn.

In addition to finding the perfect gray and pink buttons, I decided to add a gray lining.  This is something that I haven't accomplished in years.  I made a pattern from the knitted pieces and will be using gray flannel.  This option will not only provide durability; but, it will also provide additional warmth.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL