Knitters Day Out

Hi Knitters.

Just finished a scarf called I Monti Pallidi (Pale Mountains) by Valentina Cosciani (https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/i-monti-pallidi)

I found this pattern and yarn at Knitter's Day Out Market from Hidden Rivers Yarns out of Philadelphia, PA. 









Knitters' Day Out is a day and a half of classes, shopping, and hanging-out with devoted individuals who knit.  It has been held annually since 1986 in Summerdale, PA. 

KDO 2016







This is the first time that I attending this event.  I selected a class called "Designing and Charting Your Own Cables" with internationally famous knitter and crocheter, Lily Chin.


I have done many cables before and want to get into more complex cable patterns so that I can design my own cables. I  learned how cable patterns are actually formed and their basic traits, characteristics and manipulations. As a result, I am able to better understanding and follow the directions a whole lot better.  I am able to look at a cable pattern and figure out how to work it even without verbal directions!  Thanks Lily😀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL