A MYSTERY (Part One)


Hiya!


I am knitting a shawl!!!  Since I began knitting, I have produced two shawls.  I have actually avoided knitting them because I couldn't understand the "shawl craze" .  I thought that it would end soon; but, to my surprise, it has gotten more intense. 

I could not understand it, why so many knitters are bothering with knitting a scarf?  After all you can purchase a lovely scarf for $20.00 or less.  Why knit one?   It’s so much work.  Why spend $$$ on handspun yarn in order to get a finished product? It’s not economical.


As a knitter, I know that knitting is more than dollar, cents or time.  The act of knitting is a strange combination of relaxation and activism, of protest and tradition, of creating beautiful things.  There’s something very peaceful about performing a simple, repetitive act with one's finger.

Knitting a shawl provides an opportunity to try new stitches and/or techniques in a small and confined area.  Besides, shawls fit!!  There is little concerned about getting the gauge exactly right, most can be made with just one of two skeins of fingering weight yarn and they make great gift.  

So I decided to knit several shawls.  The first will be Miswis by Rosemary (Romi) Hill.  I have admired her designs from afar.  This is an old pattern which was published in 2015; but, I am excited to complete this project.



I previously purchased Carve Yarn from their booth at Vogue Knitting Live in NY a couple of years ago.  I loved the feel and color of the yarn so I purchased a couple of skeins in different fingering weight and added them to my stash.



Once I decided to knit this shawl, I wanted a complimentary variegated yarn to go with the 
Filigree.  Therefore, upon visiting my local yarn shop, Four Purls, I purchased a skein of "Emma's Yarn Practically Perfect Sock" yarn.  I think this will be a lovely shawl when completed. 


WHAT DO YOU THINK?


Enjoying Knitting Each Day!

Jackie























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL