THE TEGNA CROPPED SWEATER (Part One)

Hiya!


This pattern,  Tegna by Caitlin Hunter,  came to my notice while visiting a local yarn shop in Emmaus, Pennsylvania called Conversational Threads Fiber and Art Studio.  As I was browsing, one of the employees was knitting this in linen (The Loom Speck).  The knitted lace pattern was very impressive.  I decided then to add this to my list of projects; however, I knew that did not want to knit it in linen.  


After knitting the last dress for my granddaughter, Elena, I decided it was time for a change and knit somethings for myself.  So, while I was at my local yarn store, Four Purls (my husband and I moved to Kissimmee, Florida last December), I found this lovely hand dyed yarn from Theodora's Pearls - Auxanometer in Platinum.  This is gorgeously soft yarn with a wonderful sheen.

I was able to get closest to gauge (one stitch off)using size three needles; therefore, I will begin with the large size.  I will make the adjustment after the lace pattern is completed for the medium size (adjusting stitch count because gauge count) and I will make the length a little longer.  I am also thinking about adjusting slightly at the waist.

After casting on 300+ stitches, I had difficulty in my stitches switching when I immediately started knitting in the round.  To correct this, I casted on with straight needles, knitted two rows in stockinette, began pattern and join in the round.  It resulted in non-twisted stitches and provided a very neat and pleasing bottom edge to the sweater.

I am knitting on Knitter's Pride circular needles.  This is the first time that I am using these laminated birch wood needle tips.  I liked them!!!  They were easy on my hands and the pointed tips worked nicely for lace.  I will definitely use them again.  I am not sure that I prefer them to my Addi Lace needle tips; but, it is always good to have options; especially since I am not entirely pleased with Addi's cord.

Can't wait to see the finished product.!!


Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL