L'ATELIER SUMMER SWEATER - Part One

Hiya!

I am in the seventh month of "knitting from my stash" event.  I have successfully completed several items thus far for my granddaughter.  Last month, I started on knitted items for myself.  I have already completed on sweater which was actually a WIP.   


This sweater is no different.  Purchased in February 2017 for L'Atelier's Sunday Night Delights.  I found this design great for the summer and the sleeve construction

catching.  I was also interested in knitting with Lana Grossa Allegro ribbon-type yarn.  It is 58% viscose and 42% cotton blend with sensational variegations.  I've chosen aqua, pink and gray (#24).

I have completed the back so far and I am a little concerned about the length.  It would appear from the model that the sweater lays at the middle of her hips; however, the portion that I knitted seems to end just below the waist.




If after knitting and blocking, I might only need to add a few inches to have it lay on my hips correctly.  This may be a problem since this yarn has been discontinued.  If I cannot find one additional skein, I will use a complimentary yarn for the sides and lengthen the bottom.


Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL