THE TEGNA CROPPED SWEATER (Part Two)


Hiya!

I finally finished this lovely sweater.   I made a few modifications.  For example, I cast on for the large size and reduced stitched down to the medium size for the waist and above. I also make it a little longer than the crop version.

The yarn that I used was Bamboo yarn for the first time from Theodora's Pearls - Auxanometer in Platinum by Dizzylettuce. I found the sheen and drape wonderful. I am looking forward to getting this yarn on my needles in the near future.
This is the first time that I am 
knitting with Bamboo. So I though I would do a little research on it and I found the following:

1. Although bamboo has been around in nature for quite some time, it is a relatively new fiber for the knitting world.

2. Since it is a natural fiber, is produces a very eco-friendly.

3. Although Bamboo is strong and flexible, it also produces a bit of luxury, breathable fabric that wears well.

4. Bamboo is considered naturally antibacterial.

5. Bamboo is a plant-based fiber; therefore, there are no risk of allergies with using 100% bamboo yarn.

6. Bamboo also has ultraviolet protective properties which may protect wears from harmful sun rays.

Some of the Pitfalls that were noted, I have not experienced; i.e., I used Knitter's Pride Birch needles so I did not experience any splitting of the yarn.   I did have approximately 50 grams of yarn remaining.  


For more information, see Knitting with Bamboo, by Susan White, The Spruce Craft or Knitca Blog.



Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL