L'ATELIER SUMMER SWEATER - Part Two

Hiya!

I completed the front and back of the sweater.  I noticed that although the yarn will stretch (ribbon), I feel that I need to add some length to the bottom.

When you look at the original picture (see previous blog),  it appears that they sweater falls about 3-4 inches from her waist.  This is does not seem to be the case at the moment.  Therefore, I decided to add a couple of inches of ribbing to the bottom.  

To accomplish this, I pickup up 160 stitches along the bottom edge.  I knitted in K3, P1 ribbing using size 7 needles (two size smaller than the body).  I knitted the ribbing for seven (7) rows then used the Russian (Lace) bind off method.

I will finished the collar with a reverse single crochet stitch and do a better job at lacing up the sleeves to match the picture.

I feel this summer sweater will look perfect with a white cami.

Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL