34th Annual Knitter's Day Out

Hiya Everyone,

I had become aware of Knitters' Day Out just a couple of years ago.  A knitting friend asked if I would like to join her for classes since she wasn't able to get to Vogue Knitting that year.  I happily joined her and we drove the two (2) hours.  I remember taking a class with Lily Chin on learning her foundational techniques for designing cables.   The event is held at Penn College in Summerdale, Pennsylvania for two days - Friday and Saturday.  The committee utilizes numerous campus buildings for our classes and marketplace. 

This year, 2019, I attended the Marketplace on Saturday, September 28th with The Liberty Bell Knitting Guild.  There were TWENTY-NINE vendors to address our knitting needs; yarns, needles, and accessories.  

Note:  The Guild meets at 7:00 pm, second Monday of the month. Cathedral Village, 600 E. Cathedral Rd., Philadelphia.  For more information, contact luciaherndon@verizon.net.

Since the agenda for the day was to visit the Marketplace, I was able to come away with some lovely yarn from the following:

- Mulberry Hill Farm:  I meet Meghan and purchased 3 skeins of Distelfink Fiber Yarns - black, gray and gold.  This yarn fiber is locally grown from wool on the farm, here in the US.  This creates a value-added product for the local economy and ensures you of the highest quality of treatment of the sheep that produce the yarn.
- Painted Spring Farm Alpacas:  At this booth, I purchased wonderful alpaca in two colors (burgundy and gray) from this small form located in Southern PA close to the Maryland border.
- Kelbourne Woolens:  At this booth, I met, Co-Founder, Courtney Kelley.  Kelbourne Woolens offers a line of quality, affordable and classic yarns.  I purchased a skein of Perennial which is 60% Superwash Merino, 25% Suri alpaca, 15% nylon.  Perfect for a sweater for my granddaughter.
- Hidden Valley Yarns:  I have visited this shop several times and am very familiar with these offers. Lisa Johnson, the owner, is a hand-craft enthusiast. Some time ago, I purchased 3-skeins MadelineTosh Light intending to make a faded scarf.  I later decided that I needed a fourth.  I found a skein of Youghiogheny Yarns.  I am looking forward to working with this yarn (not shown).

Although the day was long, I look forward to 2020 Knitter's Day Out.

Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie

PS:  If you enjoy my Blog, click follow and/or leave me a comment.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL