Make 2020 - Tecumsh

Hiya,

As you know, I was determined to continue knitting from my stash.  As part of my "Make 2020", I am knitting Caitlin Hunter's Tecumseh.  

The base green color a discontinued yarn from Classic Elite Yarns, Inca Alpaca.  This yarn is 100% baby alpaca.  It is soft, sturdy, and gives a nice luster with a hint of yellow.  For the ribbing, I used LeFibre Nobil Mambo in the green colorway.  Both of these yarns are have been in my stash for more than 15 years.

To complement this greenish-yellow yarn, purchased recently the  Acadia from the Fiber Company in Roseby and a hand-dyed merino yarn from 29 Bridges in the colorway called Seal.  

This is my first stranded color-work, top-down garment.  Soon the body was done and then the sleeves.  I was a little concerned about reaching them because of the needle choices.  I started knitting them with 9" circular and found that it was such a joy and way less fiddly than when knitting with DPNs or using magic loop.  At least in my case; the sleeves went very quickly.  

I usually knit to gauge using the recommended needle size and with no issues with tension.  If I do have tension problems, they typically would go away after I have been knitting for a while and my hand has gotten used to how tight the yarn should be held when pulling the stitches through.  
While I was knitting, it didn't seem that I have to hold the floats too tightly; but, I wasn't sure.  

After blocking, I think the garment came out pretty good; not perfect.  When I tackle my next stranded color-work project, I will make sure that my stitches are nicely spaced apart, especially between color changes.  It should provide more length to the floats.





Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL