Elena's Collection - Jacket #1

 Hiya,

Recently, my daughter stated that Elena, her daughter, and my granddaughter, need a jacket.  So, I began a search on Ravelry for patterns that I thought she would like.  The only requirement was it needed to be button-down for closure.  I found several options and my daughter selected the following:

Cissi Coat by MillaMia Sweden is a wonderful swing coat.  The built-in scarf is a useful twist to normal design - a benefit that children won't lose it.  It is knitted in pieces and sewed together.  The size range is perfect so that I can knit different colors up from 1 to 7 years of age. 

I went into my stash and found some very old Conshohocken Cotton 100% wool yarn.  It has been in my stash so long that I needle to replenish the lanolin.

I used a technique of adding hair moisturizer to the washing.  I allow it to soak for about 30 minutes.  It softens the wool greatly.

I added wooden bottoms.  I deliberately alternated the fronts and backs of the button.

As you can see, it came out great and is very warm.  However, I think it is a little short.  So the next version, I will make it much longer.  She is getting taller by the minute. 😀


Enjoy Knitting Each Day!

Jackie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL