Elena's Collection - Jacket #2

 Hiya,

As I have mentioned in my previous post, my daughter wanted jackets for her daughter - my only grandchild.

For this request, I choose, "Little Buds" by Karen Borrell.  It is knitted top-down and in garter stitch.  Four little leaves give a nice flare shape and add a little girly touch – with 3/4 sleeves and neat I-cord edges.

I am again knitting with Conshohocken Cotton - 100% Wool Yarn.  This yarn has been in my stash for more than 30 years.  Although this manufacturer was known for producing cotton, its factory outline carried various types of yarn.  I had nine (9) skeins of yarn to use up - which was more than enough.  I knitted a hat to match designed by Olivia Craftox.


Again, I will need to soften the wool.  I found several methods by Megan Goodacre, Tricksy Knitter, that I will select.  After washing, I will, again, use a conditioner with lanolin; however, this time, I will place the garment in a plastic bag for 20 minutes then rinse.

Enjoy Knitting Each Day!


Jackie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL