TKGA's Master Knitting Program

Hiya! 

In "About Me" you would have read my journey with knitting.  What you might not know is that in 1995, I began exploring the idea of opening a yarn store.  As a result, I felt that I needed to gain more knitting experience. 

Therefore, I joined the Knitting Guild of America and starting meeting regularly at a local chapter  in Haverford.  In February 1995, I successfully completed Level I of the Master Knitting Program. After starting and stopping, redoing swatches and sock, in June 2014, I completed Level II.  I was going to stop there.  I was not going on to Level III. 

The Knitting Guild of America was holding a conference in San Diego on July 22-25, 2015.  My husband and I decided to make a short vacation out of it and I would attend Master's Day.  After all, I wanted to get an understanding as to what the certification was being used for from those who have graduated.

Upon arriving home, I ordered Level III.  Why stop now, right??  Although I have been nervous and scared about approaching this final course.  I have to admit that  the knowledge gained about knitting is immeasurable.   There are new techniques that I have learned and will add to my favorites (i.e., slip stitch color work) and those I'll never to again - but at lest I tied and know why (e.g., Entrelac). 

I am looking forward to submitting my binder, self-designed fair-isle hat and Aaron Cable Sweater by the due date of 11/2018.

Completing the Master Hand Knitter program will give me confidence to stretch and explore further garment fit and design. I share some of this wisdom as I teach others (Craft Yarn Council's Certified Knitting Instructor). I am proud of my accomplishments thus far.

I will be journaling my thoughts, frustrations and knitting experience.  Walk with me as I experience this next level on my knitting journey.

Take your knitting to the next level! For more information about the Master Hand Knitter program, click here

There is a TKGA Ravelry group where committee members and co-chairs answer questions.  Click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spector - Joji Locatelli

TEALEAF SWEATER - FINALLY DONE

SUMMA STRIPES SHAWL